Be part of our Peers success story - New group launching soon
What is Peer Mentoring? The Peer Mentoring Groups consist of 8-12 business owners from different business areas who are willing to learn from and support each other by sharing their expertise and varied skill sets in a confidential environment. All the programmes have at their core the concept of Action Learning – this is ‘learning by doing’, focusing on group members’ real business challenges and identifying practical actions they can take to solve them. An experienced facilitator guides the group and holds members accountable.
Who should attend?
- Attendees should be decision makers
- Each group is selected to work well together. A mix of sizes and professions/trades at the same level of growth.
- Each member of the group brings their own skills to add value to all the members of the group.
- We have 4 levels of groups so that the objectives within the groups align.
- Start-up Group generally in very early stages of establishing themselves.
- Growth Group for companies that are already established and in a development phase.
- Graduate Group this is for a continuation of the program after 1 year.
- Master Mind Group a more in depth program with all members having completed the growth program.
What are the benefits?
• Thinking time to work on (rather than in) the business
• The opportunity to explore challenges in a confidential environment
• A diverse pool of wisdom and expertise to draw on
• A unique blend of challenge and support from peers
• Ideas for new products and services
• Practical solutions to specific problems
• Potential cost savings
• Developing management skills
• Building relationships, trust and mutual understanding
• Creating an environment of continuous learning
How will Peer Mentoring help me?
This programme is for established businesses that are looking to grow and develop. The content of each meeting is determined exclusively by members themselves including the provision of 6 bespoke workshops as identified and requested by the group. Each member has two scheduled time-slots for introducing their business to the group and reviewing their progress as well as monthly opportunities to present a business challenge for Action Learning sessions. Groups meet for 3 hours once a month over the course of a year.
Another Chamber initiative to support you and your business! Since 2012, Worthing and Adur Chamber of Commerce has been offering highly successful peer-to-peer mentoring group programmes to over 90 members and is now planning the next groups.
What are the costs? The programme runs for 13 months. Payment is spread over 12 payments of £45.00 per month