Shoreham Harbour Joint Area Action Plan - Proposed Main Modifications
Plans to reviatlise Shoreham Harbour and surrounding areas take another step forward as the councils submit the Proposed Main Modifications for public consultation. The Shoreham Harbour Joint Area Action Plan includes proposals and policies for new housing and employment generating floorspace; and for upgraded flood defences, recreational and community facilities, sustainable travel, environmental and green infrastructure improvements.
Adur District Council, Brighton & Hove City Council, and West Sussex County Council are jointly inviting comments on the Proposed Main Modifications to the Shoreham Harbour Joint Area Action Plan. The formal Notice of Consultation is attached to this message.
Main Modifications are those which are considered necessary to make the plan sound and legally compliant. The tests for soundness are as follows:
- Positively prepared: the plan should be prepared based on a strategy which seeks to meet objectively assessed development and infrastructure requirements, including unmet requirements from neighbouring authorities where it is reasonable to do so and consistent with achieving sustainable development;
- Justified: the plan should be the most appropriate strategy, when considered against the reasonable alternatives, based on proportionate evidence;
- Effective: the plan should be deliverable over its period and based on effective joint working on cross-boundary strategic priorities; and
- Consistent with national policy: the plan should enable the delivery of sustainable development in accordance with the policies in the Framework
The Proposed Main Modifications are proposed without prejudice to the Inspector's final conclusion on the Joint Area Action Plan which will take account of all representations submitted in response to this consultation.
The documents made available for consultation include:
· Schedule of Proposed Main Modifications to the Shoreham Harbour Joint Area Action Plan (January 2019)
· Sustainability Appraisal of the Shoreham Harbour Joint Area Action Plan (Proposed Main Modifications) (January 2019)
· Non-Technical Summary of the Sustainability Appraisal of the JAAP (Proposed Main Modifications) (January 2019)
The councils have prepared a Schedule of Additional Modifications. These are minor changes to the Joint Area Action Plan which do not affect soundness. These are for information only and do not form part of the consultation:
· Schedule of Additional Modifications to the Shoreham Harbour Joint Area Action Plan (January 2019)
The councils have also published a Consultation Statement to accompany the Schedule of Proposed Modifications:
· Consultation Statement Shoreham Harbour Joint Area Action Plan (Proposed Main Modifications) (January 2019)
All consultation documents and supporting evidence and can be viewed on the submission page on the Adur & Worthing Councils website:
Hard copies of the consultation documents will also be available to view at the following council offices and libraries:
· Bartholomew House, Bartholomew Square, BN1 1JE
· Jubilee Library, Jubilee Street, Brighton, BN1 1GE
· County Hall, West Street, Chichester, PO19 1RQ
· Hove Town Hall, Norton Road, BN3 3BQ
· Hove Library, 182-186 Church Road, Hove, BN3 2EG
· Portslade Library, 223 Old Shoreham Road, Portslade, BN41 1XR
· Shoreham Centre, Pond Rd, Shoreham-by-Sea, BN43 5WU
· Shoreham Library, St Mary’s Road, Shoreham-by-Sea, BN43 5ZA
· Southwick Library, Southdown Road, Southwick, BN42 4FT
· Portland House, Richmond Rd, Worthing, BN11 1HS
Representations must be made after 5pm 21st January and received by 5pm 4th March 2019.
Representations should be provided in writing by completing and submitting the response form using the following methods:
Please make sure tell us which main modification each of your comments relates to by referencing the relevant number from the Schedule of Main Modifications.
Representations at this stage should only be made in relation to the legal compliance and soundness of the Proposed Main Modifications to the Local Plan. Representations should specify in what respect(s) the Proposed Main Modification is considered to be unsound, and what change(s) would need to be made to make it sound. These terms are explained in a guidance note available from the locations set out above or from the Adur & Worthing Councils website.
Anonymous comments or comments received outside the consultation dates will not be accepted. Please note that comments cannot be treated as confidential. Copies of all comments will be made available for the public to view (including respondent's name) but will not include any personal contact details or signatures.
All representations received within the statutory consultation period will be submitted to the Inspector examining the Shoreham Harbour Joint Area Action Plan.
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, telephone: 01273 263000 and ask for the Shoreham Harbour Regeneration Team