Capital Grant Funding Opportunities Workshop
For food and drink producers, businesses and farmers, visitor attractions and accommodation providers, rural community organisations and public bodies in the Coast to Capital LEP area.
With the deadline to submit an Expression of Interest fast approaching, the Rural West Sussex Partnership is hosting two workshops providing an opportunity to find out more about the capital grant funding that is currently available to support business growth and productivity and to develop or improve the rural tourism infrastructure within the Coast to Capital LEP area.
Meet representatives of the Rural Payments Agency/Defra, the Coast to Capital Growth Hub, and the Rural West Sussex Partnership from 10.00am to 12.30pm on Thursday 9th January 2020 at Thakeham Village Hall, or Friday 10th January 2020 at The Victory Hall, Balcombe followed by a sandwich lunch.
At the workshops, you can find out if you are eligible and how much funding your business or organisation could receive from the capital grant funding programmes. The RDPE Growth Programme, which currently has an Expression of Interest deadline of 16 February 2020 offers Food Processing, Rural Tourism Infrastructure, and Business Development funding with a minimum £20,000 grant. The Coast to Capital Growth Grant Programme 2019-2020, with a minimum grant of £40,000, will help fund capital projects to improve productivity and introduce innovation.
Afterwards, you can stay for a sandwich lunch and network with the other attendees or meet the representatives for a 1-2-1 discussion about your particular capital funding needs and any questions you may have about the application process. The funding teams will be able to advise what is best for your business and for the project requiring funding.
Thursday 9 January 2020 from 10.00am – 12.30pm
Thakeham Village Hall, 1 Abingworth Crescent, Thakeham, Pulborough, West Sussex RH20 3GW
Book your place on Eventbrite at https://rwsp-fundingworkshop-9jan20.eventbrite.co.uk
Friday 10 January 2020 from 10.00am – 12.30pm
The Victory Hall, Stockcroft Road, Balcombe, West Sussex RH17 6HP
Book your place on Eventbrite at https://rwsp-fundingworkshop-10jan20.eventbrite.co.uk
These events are being organised by the Rural West Sussex Partnership whose aim is to bring together the key organisations that develop strategy and policy in West Sussex to ensure the best use of resources across the county to deliver projects and services in rural areas.
Where can I find out more information about these grants?
The RDPE Growth Programme is funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EADRD) and three capital-only streams are currently open for expressions of interest: Rural Tourism Infrastructure available to a wide range of rural businesses and organisations, Business Development for small rural businesses (new or existing) including farmers that want to diversify, and Food Processing for rural and urban food and drink businesses that process agricultural and horticultural products. The minimum grant is £20,000 to a maximum of around £175,000 (maximum around £750,000 for Food Processing subject to state aid legislation) at 40% of eligible costs for commercial applicants.
RDPE Growth Programme: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/rdpe-growth-programme
The Coast to Capital Growth Grant Programme is designed to stimulate capital investment to help businesses introduce innovation and improve productivity. The minimum grant is £40,000 with 40% of the capital costs usually being grant funding and the remaining 60% funded by the applicant, which means the minimum project value is £100,000.
Coast to Capital Growth Grant: https://www.coast2capital.org.uk/growth-grant
Where can I check that my business or organisation is in a designated area in the Coast to Capital region?
Check the location of your business or organisation against the RDPE Growth Programme map for the Coast to Capital LEP area at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/rdpe-growth-programme-rural-maps
For Rural Tourism Infrastructure and Business Development grants, check that your business is within a designated rural area at https://magic.defra.gov.uk/MagicMap.aspx
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Off road and nearby parking is available at both venues. For information on location and directions, please see https://www.thakehamvillagehall.co.uk/contact and http://www.balcombehall.com/contact
Can I book if I do not have access to Eventbrite?
If you are unable to make a booking through Eventbrite, please email your details and preferred date to email@example.com