Worthing Youth Mayor joins anniversary celebrations for award winning local Educational business
Founded in 2017, Worthing based TeachAllAboutIt opened their Worthing Centre in Tarring Road a year ago this week and to mark the occasion they held their first Open Day on 20th June 2021. Among their visitors were Worthing’s Youth Mayor, Will Nyss, and Deputy Youth Mayor, Henny Sonnemann-Petty. As this was their first public engagement in person, this year, they were thrilled to connect with people and actually see, first-hand, what this Tuition Centre does.
Will Nyss, Youth Mayor for Worthing, said after his visit,
“I’m hugely impressed by how unimaginably creative, independent and resourceful this business has been over this Covid year and I am sure that their approach will continue to be of benefit to many learners long into the future.”
Deputy Mayor, Henny Sonneman-Petty, added,
“I really didn’t realise that something like this existed. It gives access and flexibility, which creates a certain freedom online, which is manifested here in the Centre, outside the traditional classroom setting.”
TeachAllAboutIt is a Tuition Centre offering 1-2-1, Group and Distanced Learning from KS3 to Adults, online and more recently, due to the lifting of restrictions, face to face. The Lockdown meant they were able to continue to support students online whilst helping other teachers and tutors to access and develop their own tutoring using modern technology.
Originally, Founder and Chief Tutor, Holly Billinghurst only offered Computer Science but, as demand has grown, she has taken on more tutors and now offers ICT, Maths, English, Business Studies and Science, working with children from across the UK and as far as the Middle East.
Recently, they have developed new initiatives running Worthing Home Ed Discovery Club on Tuesday afternoons, and DnD Club for budding wizards every Wednesday. The popularity of their courses has allowed them to open a KS3 Computing Group and a second GCSE Computer Science Group from September and there are plans to deliver Functional Skills and open a new Gaming Club too.
Commenting on the day, Holly said,
“We were thrilled to see so many familiar and new faces throughout the day. The ability to showcase how far we have come in just the first year of physical premises was testament to the hard work and effort from every member of our team. We can’t thank our learners and their families enough for supporting us in taking on this new challenge and because of them we’ll be starting back in September with even more opportunities for young people to access education without limits.”
Throughout the afternoon, there was a constant stream of visitors from parents and children to local businesses, greeted on stilts by local circus performer, Nick Cook, who presented them all with a balloon animal of their choice. Inside was the opportunity for children and adults alike to play Minecraft using Pitops, experience the Banana piano and play with a range of Maths toys.
TeachAllAboutIt also offer bespoke training and offer their space for hire to businesses, and STAR Training were on hand to share details of their upcoming courses being run from the Tarring Road site from September. A franchise of the company, TeachAllAboutItFilm, who offer GCSE Film Studies, invited Sussex based actress, Caitlin Cameron (What Happened to Monday, Betrayed), to talk to visitors about her career and answered questions from budding actors.
“It was great to chat to people about acting and the different routes they can take into the industry. It’s so great that TeachAllAboutIt is here to support this, as well as other career paths. I wish there had been something like this when I was at school!”
Notes for Editors:
- Founded in 2017 by Holly Billinghurst, TeachAllAboutIt Tuition has focused on access to education for all. Initially created for Computer Science tuition, TeachAllAboutIt has expanded to supporting students in a variety of subjects.
- Since the introduction of social distancing, Holly and her team have been working hard to produce a set of online masterclasses covering both Maths & Computer Science to allow GCSE & A Level students to continue accessing their high-quality tuition at an affordable price tag. Based in West Worthing, the centre has been specifically designed to support students and independent tutors within an adaptable and comfortable environment that encourages progress and independence for all learners.
- TeachAllAboutIt was awarded 2021 UK Enterprise Awards Best Educational Resource and Private Tuition Provider in West Sussex by SME News.
- TeachAllAboutIt was awarded Sussex New Business of the Year in 2020 by Sussex University Business School at the Gatwick Diamond Awards.
- Holly was picked as one of Digital Women’s 40 Women to Watch 2020.
- For more information, or to book a place on a course, please contact Debbie Bird, Administrator, at 0800 357 9129 or email@example.com
- To see our courses and training offers from TeachAllAboutIt, please visit our website at www.teachallaboutit.uk
- Follow us on Social Media: